jueves, octubre 01, 2009

K-INTERVIEW presents DJ JEREMY KHAMKEO IN MEXICO

DJ JEREMY KHAMKEO HAS A LITTLE CHAT WITH US ABOUT SPINNING IN KARMABEAT´S AFTERPARTY, HIS FIRST OUT OF CANADA GIG AND HOW HE WAS WELCOMED BY HIS NEW MEXICAN FANS





Karmabeat: ¿Who is DJ Jeremy Khamkeo and how was that you became a DJ ?

Jeremy Khamkeo : Who am I? Good question, I guess I would have to say I’m just a guy that is passionate about his music and driven to make sure that you have a good night musically, no matter where you are. I have been in love with music my entire life, being able to share that with you through the DJ Booth was only the next step for me.

K: ¿Was there a special musical experience / revelation moment that made you move into a musical career?

J: I don’t believe there was one special moment where I decided I wanted to do this but more so many moments. Watching countless of DJ's spin his or her beats to a crowd seemed entrancing to me. I wanted share my perspective.



K : ¿Which one is your favourite musical instrument, or favourite ones ?

J: The DRUMS, I used to play them in high school! I still PLAY THEM…on the DECKS !


Karmabeat ¿When performing for your first big crowd…how you felt when dropping those first beats ?

Jeremy : My first gig was Toronto Pride 2008. I was invited to play at the 519 Community center for their yearly Beer Garden Fundraiser. It was the benchmark and launch for my professional Dj'ing career. It actually allowed me to begin acquiring the skills and confidence that later serve in further developing my career. I have to say I was pretty nervous at first however once I’m up there, it’s just the crowd and Me.




K: ¿ Jeremy, as resident DJ in Toronto´s FLY club can you tell us what´s similar between Mexican and Canadian crowds?

J: I would have to say that both mexican and canadian crowds love their energetic beats.

K: ¿What do you think are the most important facts for Mexican labels to make the circuit scene grow stronger?

J: I believe diversity has a huge role to play in the strength of the scene. Music is forever changing, artists must continue to develop their unique style that will cater to peoples desires for the beats.


Karmabeat : ¿What were your expectations before coming to Mexico and how did those expectations changed after performing at Karmabeat´s Afterhours party?

Jeremy : I honestly had no expectations before coming to Mexico. The number one goal for me is to ensure that I am able to deliver an amazing and fun set for everybody. I have to say that after playing for the Karmabeat I now know, Mexicans know how to PARTY!!


K: ¿Hot, sweet or spicy ?

J: HOT, love making you sweat J


K: Use three words to describe your first International Gig at Karmabeat´s label parties.

J: FUN, ENERGETIC, AMAZING!




K: And now at the other side of the booth: ¿ What did you liked the most of Karmabeat´s party as a whole concept involving ,Music, DJ´s and entertainment?

J: Karmabeat brings to you a variety of musical talent. They are open to new talent which is extremely important for growth in this industry. More importantly they try to cater to the crowd ensuring that a HIGH-QUALITY party is brought to you in a unique environment that leaves you saying “wow!”.

K: Use three words to describe your Mexican Crowd.

J: ENERGETIC, NON-STOP, SEXY!!

¡¡¡ Jeremy thanks for this chat and hoping to have you back here ...SOON !!!

No hay comentarios.:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails