lunes, junio 08, 2009

MEXICO CITY GAY PRIDE 2009

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH DJ TOMMER PART 1


Tommer thanks for letting us have this interview.

Karmabeat:
1 ¿ Who is DJ Tommer and how was that you became a DJ ?
DJ Tommer :thanks Guys! Happy to do it !, . I'm 25 years old. I was born in Jerusalem as the third child out of four, . My musical style is Power House and Tribal . I am influenced by a vast variety of artists and genres. I like oriental artists such as Fairouz, alongside modern artists and all-times classics. However, in the electronic realm) , my favorite DJ's are Offer Nissim, Peter Rauhofer & DJ Fist.

My first attempt as a DJ was in a friend's party in New York, where I lived for about a year about 4 years ago. When I came back to Israel, Offer Nissim's personal manager approached me and offered me to co-operate with him. That is when my career as a DJ started.

2. ¿As a DJ how can you explain Mexican crowds being so enthusiastic about Israelite Dj´s and music producers?
I guess it is due to this unique Israelite capability to merge east and west motives into some kind of new, unfamiliar creation. I think this ability is the reason why you can see more and more Israelite artists succeeding around the world for the past few years. This tendency is much wider than just DJ's who are becoming well-known: the Israelite film industry is receiving a huge amount of respect in different festivals around the world; Israelite TV shows are becoming hits in America (you've probably seen "in treatment") and Israelite singers and artists are becoming very popular worldwide. It appears that the world is finally starting to get us, or maybe that we are starting to get them, at least.


3. ¿ Which are your hobbies ?
I have some great passion towards extreme sports, especially skydiving. During my service in the Israelite army, I participated is some parashooting and got to parachute several times and later it just became a hobby.

4-¿What is DJ Tommer about to give Us at his debut in Mexico ?
Well im not telling everything ………  It would spoil the surprise ….

5-¿Was there a special musical experience that made you move into a musical career?
I've been a DJ for the past 4 years. However, it was always about the music for me. Since I can remember myself, I was always playing with some kind of an instrument, any musical instrument, that is.




¿ 6. As a DJ is it difficult to enjoy other DJ´s without entering into comparisons?
I like to listen to dj sets I enjoy the music ,and every time you learn
something new… just like in life ……

7-¿What is your favourite musical instrument, or favourite ones ?
Oriental DRUMSֱֱֱ- trabooka

8 ¿When performing for your first big crowd…how did you feel when dropping those first beats ? Every time that I play it’s the first and the last time.

9¿ Is there a special time when all this energy and vives rush into your performance?
Definetly will im performing it all comes out.

No hay comentarios.:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails